Visit our Webportal
Create a user
If you are new, click "Sign up" and create a new account. You will receive an email with an activation link. After activation of your account, you can log in and create, edit or follow your transfer requests.
Create a Transfer Request
Log in and click "Transfer requests", then "New Transfer Request". Enter the title of your research project and click "Create transfer request". Your request is now in draft mode. Please fill the request form. You can save the form at any point and continue later.
If you have closed the form and log in again, you find your transfer request as "draft" in your list of "open requests". There, you simply click "Show", "Details" and "Edit" to resume filing. Once done, click "Save and close" and then "Finalize". (Be aware: once finalized, you can't change your request anymore!) The finalize action will check your request and mark fields that still need to be filled. If so, fill them and repeat the process of "Save and close" and "Finalize". When all checks have passed, you get directed to a signing page. Download the PDF, print, sign and upload it in the P2N Portal. The request will then go to status "signed" and will be processed by us.
Keep track of the transfer request
At all time you are able to see the status of your request. In the activities section, you can see all actions that have been passed in processing your request. If there are questions arising from management, you will be notified by email and can view and answer the questions in the questions tab of your request.
The transfer request can have the following stati:
- biobank released
- ethics released
At all times, you can view the next steps of your request in the portal.
The portal allows you to create a list of contacts (institution, person, address, ...) for the use in your transfer requests. If you edit an existing contact that has been used in a submitted transfer request, the submitted request will not change!
You will receive an email notification in these cases:
- If your request needs review.
- If there is a new question from management.
- If your request has been rejected.
- If data or biomaterial has been shipped.
For general status updates, please log in and check the status of your transfer request.
The "Edit registration" page allows you to change your account details.
A standard workflow requesting data and biomaterial from the biobank popgen looks like follows:
sequenceDiagram participant Applicant participant Management participant Biobank participant Ethics participant Head of UAC activate Applicant Applicant->>Applicant: 1. File new request Applicant->>Applicant: 2. Finalize & Validity Check Applicant->>Management: 3. Sign and Upload PDF deactivate Applicant activate Management opt Return to Applicant Management->>Applicant: 4. Return deactivate Management activate Applicant Applicant->>Management: 5. Resubmit deactivate Applicant activate Management End Management->>Biobank: 6. Complete? Then management-release activate Biobank Biobank->>Management: 7. biobank-release deactivate Biobank Management->>Ethics: 8. Mail to ethics activate Ethics Ethics->>Management: 9. Approval deactivate Ethics Management->>Head of UAC: 10. Request deactivate Management activate Head of UAC Head of UAC->>Biobank: 11. Finally approve deactivate Head of UAC activate Biobank Biobank->>Applicant: 12. Ship biomaterial deactivate Biobank Applicant->>Biobank: 13. Analysis results activate Biobank Biobank->>Applicant: 14. Results + Data deactivate Biobank
- The applicant files a new request. It starts in draft state, in which it is only visible to the applicant and can be edited and saved freely.
- When the request is ready for submission, the applicant clicks "Finalize". At this point, several validations are performed and the applicant is alerted, if any fields are not filled sufficiently. Until all validations pass, the applicant can edit his request and then click "Finalize" again.
- After successfully finalizing the request, the request goes to state "signable". The applicant is required to print out a condensed application form, sign it and upload the signed form in the portal. The upload is accepted only when the barcode of the application form can be read successfully. On success the request goes to state "signed" and will be processed by management. When experiencing any trouble on uploading the signed form, please contact us by mail.
- [Optional] The management is able to return the request to the applicant, when it requires a thorough revision to be accepted.
- [Optional] When the request is send back to the applicant, he has to revise it and the resubmit the request.
- Management will check the request and when satisfied, release it for further checks by the biobanks.
- The biobanks might approve the request. Alternatively, they contact management.
- Management will mail the request towards the ethics commission.
- The ethics commission might approve or reject the request.
- When all approvals from the previous steps are given, the request is automatically passed to the UAC (use and access committee).
- The head of UAC needs to release the request for sending out data and/or biomaterial.
- [Optional] The biobank will send the biomaterial to the applicant.
- [Optional] After analyzing the biomaterial, the applicant sends the results back for merging with supplement data.
- The biobank will merge the data and send an anonymized data file back to the applicant.